Sunday 12 October 2014

Richard Mosse at The Photographers Gallery.





I visited several galleries on my last trip to London but the one that stood out most to me was The Photographers Gallery. Shamefully it was the first time I had ever visited the place but I can safely say it will not be the last.
Seeing one of my favoured photographers work taller than the average human being was incredible. The images have a much stronger impact at that scale than what they do in a book or on a screen. The colours are much richer and the depth of the images take on a whole new meaning and feeling at that scale. The beautiful destruction behind the photographs really became real in that room. It was quite refreshing being able to see every single detail in the background of the landscape shots and also quite baffling when attempting to pick out flaws in the editing and print and not being able to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment