Monday 16 February 2015

Sequencing workshop.



I attended the sequencing workshop at uni on Monday and found it very informative. It was really interesting the way that each group decided to sequence their set of 12/13 images they'd been given. In nearly every group there were a few images that I felt differently about and wanted to move in the sequence as I felt they didn't flow as well. However, every group had valid reasons for their sequences and therefor justified them.
The picture shows my groups sequence. The first two images are facing each other and of similar colour palettes and would make a great double page spread. The second two are of the same colour tones despite one being a landscape and the other portrait. Again the two black and white portraits mimic each other in composition and would make a good double page spread. On to the next line the next two images share similar qualities like both being portraits and strong contrasts. The next two are a little unusual as the woman sat on the edge of her bed is facing outwards not inwards but the colour tones go well. If I were to reverse the order of the two images to make her face inwards then she would not link well to the next image. The next two are both of similar tones and set on location and the last two both hold strong greens which ties them together.

In the past I haven't really thought too much about the sequencing of my work on my website so I think now I am better informed about it, it would be a good exercise to re-sequence it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment