Saturday 14 February 2015

Edit process









Above are the stages I went through to get my final image for this shoot. The first image is what the shot looked like after skin retouching. Everything looked flat and the orange background was not quite working well with the autumn and moody feeling I was trying to create. After failing to change the colour with the selective colour option, I then played around with several fill layers, opacities and styles to create the second image which sorted out my dull background. However this posed a new issue for me as the skin on the model was no longer the right colour and looked unusual. Using the base layer I made a duplicate of this and using layer masks I masked out the horrid skin colour revealing her natural skin tone with the edited background. This was great practice for me as it has been a while since I've had to edit something like this. Naturally I'd rather do everything in camera so I will need to think about my colour pallettes more carefully next time but this helped me practice some more complex editing techniques that will come in handy if I am to pursue a retouching career.




No comments:

Post a Comment