Thursday 11 June 2015

Final business and postcard designs

Finished business card design,





Old business card design.

Finished post card design.




I have chosen to go with the same design as I previously used for my business cards, this is because I have not yet come across another style of card that is more appropriate. The portrait shape works well in line with my actual portrait content. Despite saying this I decided to use landscape postcards as this is reminiscent of traditional postcards and more identifiable and practical than portrait postcards. I have chosen to have a section of image and a section of text on one side and on the other side will be the traditional postcard format of an address and stamp on one side and a message on the other. This is so that I can send these out to clients or prospective employers and they can receive a personal touch as well as a reminder of my photography.

I have chosen to mock up a printed version of these to hand in with my BA8 requirements to give a more visual sense of the final products. I will be producing the final products in time for the BA8 exhibition, I have chosen to do it this way as I wanted to wait until I had my entire selection of finished photography to choose which images went on my cards. This is because these images need to be the best of my ability as these images may be the first and the last a client or prospective employer sees of my portfolio and will leave a lasting impression.
I have chosen not to use any of my final exhibition images for these designs as I would like to leave some impact images out of my smaller pieces of promotion material so that I still have something to wow clients or employers with when they view my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment