Monday 1 June 2015

Skin Retouching Tutorial / Frequency Separation / click3d



I thought I would put this video in my reflective journal because I was searching for more things I can learn about retouching and I was appalled that this video was so popular.
I found the outcome of the process far too soft to ever be considered high end retouching. The models face has no realistic texture in and Gaussian Blur has been used in the tutorial which is far too soft for a realistic skin edit. I personally use Surface Blur because you can set it so it does not touch the models facial features and just her actual skin, but even then it does not blur the same basic way that Gaussian Blur does.

I feel like this video is very amateur and when you compare the final outcome to the final outcome of a high end beauty campaign the results are so different.

This has definitely opened my eyes up to the fact that not every tutorial online is one that will benefit my work. I will use this to my advantage and stay away from tutorials like this in the future as I feel that they will only bring down the standard of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment