Tuesday 10 March 2015

Comparing my camera.

I use a Nikon D7000 camera with a 50mm lens for the majority of my portrait shoots. I'm going to compare this to other equipment that the university has to offer to see which would benefit my practice the most.

Nikon D700 VS Canon 5d mark II



Nikon has 16.2 megapixels while Canon has 21.1
Nikon sensor size is 23.6mm x 15.6mm while Canon is full frame.
ISO sensitivity is the same.
Nikon has 6 fps where as Canon only has 3.9 fps.
Nikon has 39 point AF system where as Canon has 9.

I think it is obvious that just by comparing a few tech specs like the above that the Canon produces the better quality image over all. More megapixels and a full frame sensor opens up endless possibilities for the future of the images captured on it. They can be blown up as big as a room and the detail in the shots would be intense. However, when it comes to moving image the Nikon seems to come out on top. Both cameras have ideal qualities and I will bare this analysis and comparison in mind the next time I am shooting.


No comments:

Post a Comment