Wednesday 6 May 2015

Background edit.




I thought I should use this shoot as an opportunity to run through the edit process for it as the shoot did not turn out how I wanted to and I turned to photoshop to salvage it. When my fabric backdrop idea malfunctioned, in the heat of the moment I shot on a plain white background to try and save the shoot as we were running out of time. I decided to add a colour to this on photoshop to make the image more interesting. I did this by using a block colour fill layer on the 'soft light' setting which then changed the look of the colour to a more believable gel lighting look. I then masked out her body and face and spent a very long time masking her hair so that the background looked believable .
To do this for the whole shoot took me a VERY long time and I will definitely not be relying on photoshop to do something like this in the future as it is really not convenient. It did however give me an opportunity to practice my skills and refine them for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment