Thursday 21 May 2015

Graduate options.

When thinking about my life after university I have debated many paths.

Travelling for a gap year to take some time to focus on myself and then return to Norwich after.
Doing an MA in Photography at NUA.
Getting a job in photography and working full time.

All of these options are very appealing for different reasons.
I have always wanted to travel, I could build up my portfolio and assist photographers all over the world, or even just the uk and build up a solid network who will feed me opportunities.

An MA would be a great idea as I would be in education still and learning even more. Its an opportunity to keep shooting while not necessarily relying on it for income.

Getting a permanent job in photography would be a fantastic route as this would pay the bills and I would be putting my creative degree to good use.

Bearing in mind my financial status, travelling is not a realistic option for me. I have bills to pay, a longterm boyfriend and I would have needed to save for years in order to be able to get up and out of the country. There are many travel programmes and scholarships that could give me this opportunity but to me this doesn't seem realistic.

Being in education from the age of 3-21 has given me alot of time to ponder about getting out there and just living my life the way I want to. I think completing a BA is as far as I want to take my education at this stage. I may want to come back in several years and complete an MA at NUA which would be swayed by the fact I would get discount for being a previous student but right now I think I have been in education too long and I need a break from it.

I do have a job in photography and I will be going full time once I have graduated. It is so refreshing to know that I have managed to secure such a fantastic opportunity and this will help me to grow and learn people and sales skills which learning and refreshing my technical knowledge too.

No comments:

Post a Comment