Thursday 21 May 2015

Framing

I have decided I will be using Norwich Frame Workshop to frame my images with.
I have given him my images with 18 days til the deadline and I will receive my frames in 14 days.
I will be going for black frames with an arctic white mount. I have chosen to use 2 portrait prints at a2 size as I found a3 too small and found that a2 had a much better breathtaking impact. Each of my frames will cost £60 with student discount which is an absolute steal for the quality and time and effort that will be going into each one. I am very happy with my choice.
I found choosing frame colour the hardest decision out of the whole exhibition preparation experience. I went into the shop thinking I wanted white frames but when Lee placed the black frames next to my work and arctic white mount it really helped the images pop. As the board the frames will be on will be white, if the frame is black, the mount is white and the majority of my 2 images are black, this will create several borders around my images leading the audiences eyes into the shots. I found that when the white frame was placed next to my images with the mount that it just got lost against the white table and what would be the white board the frames are hung on.


Here is a photoshop mockup of what the final frame with the print inside will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment