Thursday 21 May 2015

Framing options

The Print Space - 



The print spaces website has alot of options when it comes to framing. You can choose the type of frame, then the frame effect, then the mount , then the glass and finally the fixtures for the back.

I personally like their box mount the best. The diagram is a great help into understanding how the print is framed. I like the box frame because it helps lead you into the frame by using the distance between the glass and the actual print. I would go for this in either black or white.


Another option for local framing I found was - 
Fabulous Frames.

They offer 12 different frames with assorted mounts. After looking through their choices I decided that Fabulous Frames was not for me. Their options are beautiful and classic but my work is contemporary and I would hate for a classic frame to hold back its potential. Frame 10 was my favourite out of all 12 options because it was simple and wouldn't distract from my images.







Norwich Framing Workshop - 

After using the workshop for the last 3 years I know that the quality produced here is excellent. 
I went into the shop to speak to the owner about quotes and he offers considerable student discount. I had a look through his frame options and I think when bearing in mind what is suitable for my work and my price range his box frame in either white or black is a great choice for my images.






No comments:

Post a Comment