Friday 10 April 2015

Business cards

After having previous experience with the company, my first thought when debating new business cards was to head to the moo.com website. Their designs are modern and contemporary, reasonably priced and extremely good quality. When I hand over any of my current design business cards people are always so impressed with the quality of them and I feel as though they instantly take me more seriously. Like the first page of a website, a business card is the receiver's first glimpse into who you are as a photographer so my business card must convey what I need it too.


  • Fashion and portrait photographer.
  • Professional and reliable.

Instantly I have ruled out:
  •  anything with impersonal graphics.. For example:

This is because there are no images of my own work on there which is exactly what a prospective client needs to see in order to consider working with me.


  • Anything retro.. for example: 



  • This is because my brand is not retro. While I dabble in the 1960's and 1970's my intention is not to photograph kitschy style images. I also do not shoot the majority of my work on film which rules polaroids irrelevant to my style of imagery.



    Right now I am highly considering keeping my previous design but printing with new images. This is because my name is branded on both sides, one side has an image and one side has information. The format is very standard and classic but the design has an edge as it is portrait orientated unlike the usual landscape orientated business cards. This is very relevant to my personal practice as I photograph portraits.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment