Monday 27 April 2015

Tutorial

In my last tutorial, my tutor and I came to the decision that I had hit a wall with my current project and my idea flow. I realised I wasnt happy with where my project was taking me and decided to take it back to what I have always enjoyed.. Vintage themed portraits with strong colours and strong shadows. This isn't 100 miles away from what I have already been creating which is rather lucky as It means I'm not changing my entire project just the aesthetics of the shoot.
I have wrote a mid-project evaluation in my logbook detailing this.

Also in this tutorial my tutor pointed out that it seemed as though I have been striving for a softness in my image but haven't quite been getting it. This is not something I have been conciously doing and is also a factor into why I have changed my route slightly.

He helped me with some retouching points on past images and gave me new photographers to look at such as Loretta Lux, David Lachapelle and Nadia Lee Cohen.

No comments:

Post a Comment