Thursday 30 April 2015

Shooting


My shoot yesterday did not go to plan as I thought it would. I was hoping for a pastel summer and tropical shoot. I have gathered together some tropical fabrics to hang as backdrops but they were not lighting properly and all the texture you can see in the image showed up very strongly and over powered the image. Because of this I had to drop the entire background and just shoot on white which was not at all in my plan or my contingency plan. Had I of given myself 10 minutes to think I could have experimented with some gels on the background to achieve a summer colour but instead I opted for doing this in photoshop later on. This has caused me so much editing work and its going to take my forever to successfully finish it all. The model has been asking me where the images are as its been over two weeks now and I'm really quite annoyed at myself for not just using gels in the first place. I need to have solid contingency plans in the future and do everything I can in camera because I've found that if it takes me longer than about 4 days to edit then I get bored and begin to seriously dislike the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment