Tuesday 25 November 2014

Career route part 2.

Potential areas of practice for myself as a working photographer -

Advertising -
If the opportunity became available to me I would definitely consider advertising photography as a career route for myself. It pays well and gains great exposure with alot of well known brands.

BMB, Mediacom, Imagination are just a few of the agencies I could approach or apply for jobs at.

Editorial -
Becoming an editorial photographer is my ideal career path. I can do this through building up my portfolio and approaching agencies or creating personal work which I can then submit to magazines which will lead to exposure and more work.

Smaller online magazines I could submit my work to are : Glass-book, institute, vogue online. With the intention of then moving up to the printed magazines like Elle and Vogue.

Fashion
Again fashion photography would be an idea scenario for myself. The process would be very similar to that of an editorial photographer.

I already photograph alot of the local catwalks along with london fashion weekend, I could photograph brand catalogues and lookbooks along with fashion editorial.

Fine Art
Fine art photography is not something that interests me personally. I like to create images with the intention of them being actual images rather than art.

Architectural
Architectural photography is also not something that interests me but there is a huge market for it as companies constantly need images of their workplace and production which is used online, on brochures, leaflets etc.

Social
I do participate in social photography but I do not find it creatively fulfilling. I think its a great way to pay the bills if you can earn enough from it but essentially you are only ever accomplished in the city or towns that you live near by.
Weddings, parties, christenings, portraits are just a few of the methods of social photography that I could take part in.

Corporate
Corporate photography pays well. I would consider it if the opportunity presented itself to me.
Naturally this would be presented to me through an agency, direct contact or an advertisement.

Still Life
I would consider product photography as a temporary career route. In the past I have had job interviews for this career path so it is definitely an option for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment