Monday 3 November 2014

Photographic Practitioner Correspondence

I emailed Jason Bell a few questions about his practice. The response I got was quite limited but still useful in my work.
"Was there a turning point in your career in which you became a 'successful' photographer (shooting film posters/vogue)?"
His response was - not really - it has always been more of a slow gradual progression… and of course it depends on how you define “successful” - it’s also about just being able to do the kind of work you want to do.

I asked "What are your views on manipulation and retouching in photography and why?"
I prefer pictures not to look too retouched. But i’m happy to do it when it improves a shot - for instance a lovely landscape that has a lamppost in the way - in the past you couldn’t take that shot and now you can say “well it’s great - I just need to take the lamppost out.” But i don’t like people being too retouched.










No comments:

Post a Comment