Saturday 1 November 2014

Retouching



As my research report is based around manipulation I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and begin educating myself better with learning how to retouch.
Over the last few years I have kind of just created my own way of doing it which involved clone stamping out blemishes and creating gaussian blur layers to smooth out skin. However I started to notice that it was beginning to look a little amateur.
The above video is one of the ways I have now taught myself to retouch a little bit better. The process is a lot longer but it creates a much better outcome and has taught me that different ways of retouching are appropriate for different genres of photography.
This learning curve has been well needed as I will soon be leaving education and it will benefit me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment