Saturday 1 November 2014

Mid-term Skills

Technical skills - 
My lighting needs work, as does my retouching but this will get better as I practice and test shoot throughout the project
Communication - 
I think my communication skills are strong. I am booking models and shooting but I think my focus is a different story. I am easily distracted if something goes wrong in a shoot so I think I need a printed contingency plan for times like that so I have something solid to stick to.
Business skills - 
I think I have good business skills. I am always being approached by people for my services so I think my self promotional package is definitely working.
Time management skills - 
I think my time management could be better. I do get distracted by things quite easily so I need to put myself in a work environment every time I plan to do work. But I do already set aside every wednesday as my day where I catch up with logbook work if I am behind.
Contextual understanding -
My contextual understanding is a little bit all over the place at the moment. I need to grasp onto one idea and just run with it and perfect it.
Independent learning - 
I think independent learning is something that I am good at as its something I enjoy. The only time I can truly concentrate is when I am alone and in silence. I have been test shooting to learn new lighting skills and completing my own personal work which always teaches me new things about working with real life jobs and clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment