Wednesday 26 November 2014

Goals.

I think by the end of my time at university I want to have a solid degree in my hand and a portfolio full of striking fashion portraits with endless opportunities available to me. I would love to get work in the industry straight away.

In two years time I would like to have a solid job under my belt that is paying the rent and my savings so that I can eventually afford to take whatever jobs my come my way and still support myself.

In ten years time I'd hope that I would be working in a job where i enjoy every single day. Ideally this would be photographing fashion portraits for big brands like Gucci, but realistically I would also settle for photographing lookbooks and catalogue.

I think in order to achieve all of this, my time management skills need to improve and I need to be less distracted when things go wrong. I need to act fast and effectively or else I will never a successful assistant or photographer. And also, I need to put myself out there and experience the starting points of these things which I am already beginning to do. I am in constant contact with people about shoots to build up my portfolio. I recently had a job interview for a job as a stock photographer, while I did not get the job it was still a great experience for me to learn and grow.
I think a good place to start assisting would be past NUA students or guest lecturers as we have common ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment