Monday 3 November 2014

Professional practitioner correspondence

I emailed Alex Prager, a cinematic photographer in the US and had an extremely insightful response from her assistant Lia who asked Alex questions on my behalf. She also attached many very helpful published interviews so I could use them in my research.
I think the response I received was very helpful. I can now see clearly what Alex is trying to communicate in her work as I could not quite find the right words before. I find Alex's interest in reality and fiction really interesting. I found it quite startling to learn that she shoots in film and works with a retoucher as I had assumed the images were digitally produced using CGI. I think this makes me view the shots in a more intimate light now as I can see the time and effort that must have gone into shooting, scanning and retouching them.





No comments:

Post a Comment